The Hayter Harrier 48 AD VS Instart® (476A) roller mower is the top of range domestic model featuring an electric start engine.
The 476 is designed for homeowners with small to medium lawns (approx. 40m x 40m) who want a fine, striped cut and excellent finish. The working design of the blade, deck and grass bag has been improved from previous years to increase performance when cutting and collecting.
The 2 piece ribbed rear roller is made from reinforced polymer with glass-fibre weave increasing both strength & durability. Traction and rolling performance is not affected but weight and noise levels will decrease when travelling over hard surfaces.
The Harrier 48 Autodrive VS Instart® (476) allows the user to vary the travelling speed of the mower from 1.8 – 3.3mph. You will be able to mow at a comfortable walking pace.
The Briggs and Stratton Instart® engine works by attaching a small lithium battery to the engine so it starts at the turn of a key. No more pulling on manual recoils. A 60 minute charge can give up to 50 engine starts.
- The Hayter Vari-Pitch™ cutting technology adjusts the forward pitch angle of the deck as the height of cut is raised or lowered. This increases the airflow in more difficult mowing conditions (longer grass) ensuring superior performance at each cut.
- Trim Side lets the user mow right up to the edge of the lawn. The right hand wheel, cutting blade and rear roller are all positioned in-line. This is ideal for mowing around borders or retaining walls.
- A washing link has been integrated into the deck so it can be cleaned off quickly and easily after each use. Cleaning the deck keeping it free of grass will help to prolong the life of the machine.
- Two piece ribbed rear roller with improved differential and drive method.
- Model: 476A
- Cutting Width: 48cm
- Cutting Height Adjustment: Single lever
- Cutting Height Settings: 7 from 13 – 60mm
- Deck Material: Cast Aluminium
- Engine: Briggs & Stratton 675iS
- Starter: Key (no manual backup)
- Drive: Yes, Variable Speed (1.8 – 3.3mph)
- Ribbed Rear Roller: Yes, 2 piece
- Grass Bag Material: Fabric
- Grass Bag Capacity: 70L
- Soft-Grip Handle Bar: Yes
- Folding Handles: Yes (improved cable design)
- Wash Port: Yes
- Weight: Approx 50 kg
- Manufacturer Domestic Warranty: 5 Years – Terms and Conditions Apply including Annual Service by authorised Hayter Dealer
- Manufacturer Commercial Warranty: 90 Days – Terms and Conditions Apply